Saturday, December 31, 2011

Where have I been???

Hey everyone, this is just a quick update post about what I've been up to lately.  My parents came down for Christmas and I have been very busy with work and holiday activities.  And in about three weeks I will be going to New Orleans for the National AMS Conference, which I am incredibly excited for!

Other noteworthy items.  I've applied for two positions outside of Flagstaff, I do not expect to get either but it's kind of exciting to be trying for other things.  I've applied for a journeyman forecaster job in the Twin Cities, MN and also Portland, OR.  Both are rather competitive offices, and Portland is the most competitive in Western Region....but it would be the PERFECT location, so fingers crosses I at least get as far as an interview!   I have really come to love Flagstaff though and a part of me really doesn't want to leave just yet, so its a win win what ever happens.  

We have had a very snowy winter so far in Flagstaff, we've had 45.6 inches since November 1st...so were already almost 50% to our annual snowfall and winter has only just begun.  The snowtires were a very wise investment and I'm so  glad I got them, the roads have been very icy this winter.  We're having a nice break from the snow right now though, with nearly 60 degree weather today!

I will try and get to the blog when things calm down a little bit and have some free time.  Take care everyone, happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment