Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ahh Life

So this is kinda of a personal rant I really don't expect anyone to read.  Just words on paper mostly.  So I'm at a weird point in my life where I seriously have no idea where it's going.   This really bothers me, seeing as how I've always had a plan.  I applied for a job back home, but unfortunately didn't get it.  All good, but I have a feeling the odds of getting back to the Rogue Valley are pretty slim for the next few years.  So plan B???  I have no idea. 

I love the Pacific Northwest, and would love to get back to it, but getting into Portland/Seattle/Spokane won't be easy, and competition is fierce.  I'm not sure that's a plan worth waiting on, seeing as how there is no guarantees anyways, even if I did wait for openings.  I would love to get back to the Front Range region where I have a large of network of friends, though I wouldn't want to live there forever, and friends scatter over time. 

Then there's the midwest.  If you had asked me 5 or 10 years ago, that would be exactly where I'd want to go.  Tornado Alley!  But anymore, I'm not sure that alone would make me content living somewhere.   Ideally I'd end up a place where I know people already.  But, if I stuck to that rule exclusively, that'd be like 5 offices. I don't want to be tooo picky and risk never getting promoted to forecaster.  Argh. It's so complicated. Why can't I just pick a place to transfer to and that could be it! I really wish it was that easy.

And finally, how eager am I to get out of Flagstaff? To be honest, I kinda love Flagstaff. I hated it when I first moved here, mostly because I felt so isolated. But things have improved and I've learned how to manage my time to still keep in touch with people.   Flagstaff is fantastic, 4 seasons, college town, good location, storms, lots of snow, what's not to love?!?!  I also have wonderful management and a killer schedule which is very forgiving in terms of time off, I can not complain at all.  So wherever I go, I would want to trade up, as I'm I'd be giving up some pretty awesome stuff here.  So I don't know what to do.

That is all, my little rant about my career path. I love my job, I just wish I had a little more power to dictate where I end up.  I guess that's the real world for ya.



On a brighter note, I'm really loving this song right now.  Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment