Tuesday, June 14, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge!

Second blog post, Woot!  So I really want to participate in the 30 day song challenge on Facebook, but I don't care to blow up everyone's Facebook wall with 30 days of music video posts.  So rather I will blog all the 30 days in one post, check it out below!


Day 01 - Your favorite song: You belong with Me, Taylor Swift- This should come as no surprise to anyone who really knows me, I'm a die hard Taylor Swift Fan.  There's something about this song that is just timeless to me, its so fun and whimsical, I just love it!

Day 02 - Your least favorite song: Anything with Nikki Minaj- Like nails on a chalkboard to me, it's so obnoxious, and her rhymes don't make sense!  I cannot stand her, sorry.

Day 03 - A song that makes you happy: DJ got us fallin in love again, Usher- Love this song!  "Dance, Dance, like it's the Last, Last night of your Life, Life"  How can you not love that line!




Day 04 - A song that makes you sad: Two Ways to say goodbye, Pat Monahan- This is a sad song in general, and I love Pat Monahan, but I cant listen to this song it makes me too sad.  I listened to it a lot when my dog Cooler died, and its just hard for me to listen to now.

Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone: Avril Lavine, things ill never say-Kristy Montemayor and I are way too inappropriate together. lol.

Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere: We R who we R, Kesha- I LOVE this song, and it was a close contender for favorite song.  It reminds me of Seattle and the fun we had at night, going out and having fun, being young and enjoying life.   Singing this song in the bars and looking up the lyrics on our cell phones, we had way too much fun with this song, and it will forever be the Seattle anthem!

Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event: Copperhead Road, Steve Earle- This song always reminds me of our Thursday nights our in college when we would go to the Cactus and line dance to this song.  Amy Drieling spent weeks teaching me how to do it right and I had so much fun learning it!

Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to: Hey Soul Sister, Train- Another fun song that's just easy to sing along to, so of course I know all the words!

Day 09 - A song that you can dance to: Yeah 3X, Chris Brown- This is a great song to dance too, good beat, good lyrics, just fun in general.  Chris Brown may be a d-bag, but he makes good music!

day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep: Vanilla Twilight, Owl City- This such a peaceful, innocent song, very mellow and sweet. It would be good to fall asleep to.


Day 11 - A song from your favorite Band: Get Back in My Life, Maroon 5- This song hasn't been radio released yet by them, but its so good, check it out!
Day 12 - A song from a band you hate: Black Eyed Pees- I've just never been a big fan of the Black Eye'd Pees, they have some good stuff but most of it just annoys me.
Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure: Thats Not My Name, The Ting Tings- I admit, I know all the words, and I kinda love this song.
Day 14-A song that nobody would expect you to love- Pink tux to the prom, Relient K- Being a christian band they aren't really my style, but actually they have some really good stuff, and I have a handful of their cds.  Pink Tux to the prom is also one of my favorite songs.
Day 15 - A song that describes you: The Remedy, Jason Mraz-This song is just free and fun, and carefree, which is how I would like to be anyways.

Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate: Sorry, Buckcherry- I used to like it, then someone tied it me and now I don't.  That is all I'm going to say.
Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio: Alejandro, Lady Gaga- This song is always on the radio, or was, and its good too, I like the beat.
Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio: Bad Romance, On The Rocks- Okay, these guys are amazing, serisously listen to them and give them a chance, it is way better than the original!
Day 19 - A song from your favorite album: All my friends say, Luke Bryan- Both of Luke Bryan's cd's are masterpieces, really good country music! I highly recommend him.
Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you’re angry: What I've Done, Linkin Park-It's good, it's loud, I guess it would be angry music, but I'm not usually angry very often.

Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you’re happy: Her Eyes, Pat Monohan- This song is just great, Pat Monahan has a great voice, and it really shows in this song. It never gets old!

Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you’re sad: Can't have it all, Jay Brannan- This guy is awesome, and I'm going to see him in concert this month!  But he really knows how to sum up my feelings and outlooks sometimes, good sad day music.

Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding: You and Me, Lifehouse- Sweet, simple, sexy, romantic song.  Enough said.

Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral: -My old friend, Tim Mcgraw-Well, I'd really rather not think about that...but this song is good.
Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh: Lets go to the Mall, Robin Sparkles- This is so funny, watch the video, its so classic 80's.  Gotta love "How I met your mother."
Day 26 -The next two songs are supposed to be related to instruments I can play, but since I play none, I'm making these freebes- Marchin on, OneRepublic, its a great song and I love the video.

Day 27 - Another freebe-Crossfire, Brandon Flowers- Great song.

Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty: Party in the USA, Miley Cyrus- Yes...I secretly like this song, I guess not so secretly now...
Day 29 - A song from your childhood-Amarillo Sky, Jason Aldean- Not so much my childhood, but just growing up in general, I played it a ton on my mom and I's cross country road trips.

Day 30 - Your favorite song at this time last year-Talo Cruz, Dynamite- Becky Elliot knows, this came out near when my friend Tracy was getting married last June, and we listened to this song a ton. It's a great song!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! Awesome blog post and I have to agree with most selections, especially We R who We R and Dynamite! All good times, good memories with good friends!!

    ReplyDelete